|Courtesy of Flickr user eflon|
Arrive at your desk. Catch up on emails. Make your second cup of coffee. Wait impatiently as it brews. Attend the morning staff meeting. Finish a proposal. Present the idea to the client. Sit down long enough to realize that your stomach has been growling for 10 minutes. Squeeze in lunch before your big afternoon pitch.
Halfway through your day and a lot like your morning madness, you may not have been able to pencil in skincare on your afternoon to-do list. Afternoons can leave you feeling sluggish, and a lot of times, your skin takes the brunt of this. Here are some midday skincare shortcuts that will leave your skin and your confidence feeling replenished and ready to take on the afternoon!
Fancy the Face
- Pat a lightweight concealer underneath and around your eyes. This will diminish dark circles and lighten up your eyes.
- Apply a bold lip color.Pinks, reds and maroons are a great way to bring a fresh color to your face.
- Try to keep your hands off of your face as much as possible. The oil and bacteria from your fingertips can easily clog your pores and create blotchiness,as well as smudge your makeup.
- Use oil cleansing pads to dab away the extra oil that has likely collected on your face throughout the day, especially in your T-zone, which includes your forehead, nose and chin.
- Keep drinking water. Water determines how your skin maintains plumpness and elasticity throughout the day. Drinking 64 fluid ounces of watereach day replenishes your skin and keeps it from looking dry, wrinkled and fatigued.
Care for Your Hair
- Use a dry shampoo and conditioner to give your hair a fresh, out-of-the-shower look. Most of these products are small enough to stow away in your bag until you need them.
- Sprinkle baby powder or dry shampoo on your hair to eliminate greasy areas, especially around your part, the crown of your head and above the ears where oil tends to collect. Dry shampoo typically blends better with darker hair, while baby powder tends to blend better with lighter hair.
- For instant volume right before you walk into your big meeting, flip your hair over and shake it with your hands. A quick blow dry while your hair is flipped will also work. This will help smooth your hair and give it a little extra body.
- Keep a lemon handy. Rubbing a lemon on your nails and hands will not only clean them but it will also lighten your skin tone, creating healthier-looking hands.
- Keep lotion in your bag. Moisturizing is vital to rejuvenating your hands. Shaking hands with someone is often the first thing we do, so make a good impression.
- Groom your nails. A routine clipping and filing are healthy for your nails and keeps your nail beds strong. For more nail tips, read our blog post on the subject here.
Skin care serves a purpose far beyond simple aesthetics. Healthy habits throughout the day are necessary for rejuvenating and revitalizing skin. Try these skincare shortcuts and let us know what you think!