Kick off those shoes. HALLELUJAH! You’re home! Make dinner. Do a load of laundry. Veg out in front of the TV to the family’s favorite show. Give the children a bath. Iron some clothes and make lunches for the next day. Shower. Brush your teeth. Hit the hay and prepare to do it all over again tomorrow.
For many, unwinding at night is just as time-consuming as your jam-packed daily routine. The amount of stress and high demand your body receives in a day can leave your skin in great need of some T.L.C. Here are a few tips on how incorporate skin care into your nightly routine. Your skin will thank you in the morning!
Fancy the Face
- Wash and exfoliate your face. Use a gentle cleanser to remove makeup and dead skin cells that have built up throughout the day. Exfoliate once a week for a deeper cleansing to remove bacteria from pores.
- Use a facial mask at night while you finish up your last few emails or load the dishwasher. These usually only take 10 to 15 minutes and work well to moisturize your skin and reduce crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Use oil products to relieve chapped and damaged skin on the face, hands and body.
Lavish the Legs
- Moisturize! Slather on lotion before getting into bed to keep your skin moist while you sleep, which will contribute to a radiant glow in the morning.
- Use a shave gel instead of a cream when shaving your legs. Gels tend to lock in more moisture than shaving creams.
- Use Osmotics Skin Rescue Nourishing Oil on your legs to give them a smoother texture and a healthy glow.
Finish with Feet
- Soak your feet in warm water withEpsom salt. This is not only relaxing, it helps slough off dead skin cells that can build up if you’re on your feet all day.
- Scrub the soles of your feet with a pumice rock after soaking them in warm water to exfoliate and rid your feet of dead skin cells.
- Moisturize your feet with a lotion of your choice. We recommend Vaseline for deep cracks and intensive care purposes.
Finishing your day with a little dose of skincare self-pampering will not only aid in relaxation, it will also produce positive long-term effects for younger, more radiant skin. Try incorporating some of these into your nightly routine and let us know what you think!